Monday, May 14, 2012

A few games and I begin to see a real weakness in my play!

Sorry it has been awhile.  I got caught up in the end of the school year and then just didn't feel like posting!  :)

But I have the second  OTB game from last week.  A loss!

I am beginning to see a weakness (okay a couple) in my play. 

1)  I don't calculate far enough or look for enough variables!!  I am too often surprised by my opponent's response.

2)  I often have no idea what to do in the early middle game.






In the OTB game above, I had an edge after the opening.  An opening I have only recently begun to play and have not studied at all.  THEN I lose the thread when things get tense in the middle of the board around move 17.  Tense middle game positions with possibilities in the center seem to leave me a little befuddled!

So after my last game with RockyRook this coming Friday, I am going leave INTERNET chess for awhile and focus my weekend time on Styoko positions with complications in the early middle game.

I will still be playing my long OTB game every week so that is cool.

I hope everyone is well and I hope we get a result other than a draw in one of the World Championship games this week!